August Currently

It's the first! That means I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for this month's Currently!



Listening

Last year, our district threw together a teacher choir for the district wide 'Back to School' pep assembly that all the teachers go to on the first teacher training day. They sang Don't Stop Believin and I was tempted to join, but I am sometimes lazy and thought it might be ... eh. This year, they're doing it again, but I decided to join in even though I already know some of my teacher friends will be laughing at me. Anywho, we'll be singing Everything Is Awesome from The Lego Movie. I'm pretty excited. I've been practicing the rap in the middle of the song in case I decide to volunteer for a solo - and endure additional laughing from my teacher friends.

Loving

My weekdays have been incredibly busy with summer school, but my weekends have also been jam packed with life. This is the third weekend this entire summer that I have not been completely over-scheduled... which means I can get stuff done at school. I'm a bit late to the party, but I just signed up for an Instagram account. Follow me @teachinginanutshell to see what's going on tomorrow as I makeover my classroom!

Thinking

One of those fabulous friends who will be laughing at me as I rap my heart out in a few weeks laughed at me today when she walked in my classroom. She knows that I've been having a hard time getting started prepping my room for the school year because of summer school. When she walked in, I was making a list on one of my white boards to go with the other four lists on other white boards around the room. She just rolled her eyes and told me I should stop making lists. I guess I see her point but what teacher doesn't love a good list (or 10)?

Wanting

I'll be joining several local teacher bloggers for brunch on Sunday morning. I am super excited and a bit nervous! It's my very first blogger meetup and these ladies all sound so fabulous. I've been putting off getting my haircut for a few months now since I'm trying to grow it out a bit and getting a pedi because I've just been so darn busy! I thought this would be a perfect excuse to go out and get one. But no - my hair stylist was all booked until Tuesday! Oh well. Maybe I can still do a pedi.

Needing

Did I mention that I made three more lists after my friend came in the room? Luckily, I have a few things in the works with my new design blog to keep me distracted!


School Starts

I suppose the dates I wrote down are a little misleading seeing as I am already teaching summer school and am already at school every single day! However, those are our official start dates for the regular school year. Even though I have so much to do, I'm getting excited. We had thirteen teachers change classrooms this year, so now they're all coming in early to get their rooms set up. It's like a party at school every day! Plus, two of my teacher besties moved into my hallway which should make for a promising year.

I'm excited to see what everyone else is up to this August! Be sure to check out Farley's blog for a list of all the other teachers participating!


7 comments:

  1. I love your blog and I am excited for the school year in a way. I also love the Lego Movie for some strange reason.

    Jasmine Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed you on Instagram. I tried to keep off of it because I already have blogging and Facebook, but I gave in to social media peer pressure :-) I dig it.
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  3. A list on the board! What a great idea that never occurred to me. I go in my room and get so overwhelmed that I make a list and lose it. If I put it on the chalkboard, it won't get lost, and it will always be where I can see it. GENIUS!
    Bouncing Through Life in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only do I write them on the board - I also snap a photo of them on my phone so I can take them anywhere! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. We are fellow Illinois bloggers! :) Enjoy your blogging meet up this weekend! You sound fabulous too, so do not be nervous! :) I SO WISH I HAD A CLONE, TOO! :) Haha...ahhhh what I could give the clone to do, so then I would not have to. :)
    Kari at Teaching with Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Teacher Choir sounds hysterical! What a fun and silly idea! Have lots of fun at the blogger meet-up!!!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to start a teacher choir for back to school. That sounds like fun. I really shouldn't rap in public, however.
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete