Well Hey There!

Hey there! I'm back and ready to kick it in gear now that summer is almost here!


Do you notice something new?

Knowing how to design blogs is both a blessing and a curse. It's wonderful to be able to help others design the blog of their dreams. However, it can be a pain in the B-U-T-T stopping yourself from tweaking (or completely overhauling) your own blog every week, or month, or 6 months.

I'd only had my most recent blog design for a year or so, but I lost the fight and redesigned. Well, more like tweaked. Why's that?

Here I come Vegas!

I may have mentioned already, or maybe not, but I am going to Vegas this summer for the SDE Differentiated Instruction conference and the TPT conference! I'm so excited. I wanted to go last year, but I was too nervous. This year, I told myself that I can do this. I am so stinkin' excited!

Part of the reason for my blog redesign is because of Vegas. Are you going or do you know anyone going? Have you seen any of the cool swag that people are bringing? I just ordered mine last week and I am waiting impatiently for them to arrive in the mail.

 

I ordered the notebook and tote bag that you see above. Plus, I ordered a pin to wear (below), new business cards (below), a handful of pens, a clipboard and stickers. Everything is branded with the brand new Teaching In A Nutshell logo.

I blame this on two things - blog design (again - geez!) and my business cards. I really wanted the design of my teaching blog to more closely resemble the design of my design blog. In order to do that, I needed to fix a new things although the overall feel is the same, I think, since all the colors and such stayed.

I also needed new business cards since my old ones didn't have my social media listed. I love that I was able to get my picture on it too so that when I pass them out in Vegas, it will hopefully be easier for people to remember who I am.
 

One Last Announcement

I've been itching to say something over the past few weeks because when you have news like this it's hard not to share, and I think I've waited long enough. Come November, head on back to see some super cute baby pics. I'm so excited to announce that I'm having a baby and I'm currently into my second trimester.

Now that the morning sickness and food aversions have winded down, I'm ready to get things started! Check back next week for a special giveaway to celebrate!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin!
    First, I love your blog design! Second, congratulations on the baby! I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster award! You can read about it on my blog @ http://porcupinepals.blogspot.com/2015/06/im-thankful-for-past-year.html.
    Have a great day!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete